Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to drain the coolant in my truck and replace it with some Zerex G-05. However I'm not sure where there is a place to drain it. I know I won't get a full flush on my own but I want to drain what I can on my own. I don't like paying dealers.

Also, How much can i expect to put back in once I drain everything I can.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I drained 4 gal out of mine I've got an 01 but it can't be that much different

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about drain location?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Your coolant is Zerex G-05 and should be good for at least 5 years.

·
Registered
113 Posts
how about drain location?
same year as me, the drain petcock is on the bottom of the rad on drivers side. just open the cap to help the flow, and when you refill take out the threaded allen wrench plug at the top by the egr cooler (if you have it). it's labelled.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
same year as me, the drain petcock is on the bottom of the rad on drivers side. just open the cap to help the flow, and when you refill take out the threaded allen wrench plug at the top by the egr cooler (if you have it). it's labelled.
A little compressed air (little) in that bleed plug by the EGR cooler will push out more of the coolant from the block and make for more of a change.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I know the coolant should be good for 5 years but since I don't know the complete history of the truck when it was new, you never know what the previous owner did when topping it off or if he drained it for some reason and used a poor coolant.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How do you ago about filling these back up? Just fill the rad and go?
As long as you bleed all the air out. Make sure the volume that you drained is at least the volume u put back in, but im sure you already know that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts