Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my life I have many weird adventures that my work throws at me.

Well today in the office I asked my contract coordinator (she handles work requests and gives me work) to give me something to do as sitting in the office sucks.

Anyway she asked me if I had any experience with cisco routers and I told her I had a little bit and asked her why.

"well we have been asked to go repair a router for a show that is happening in Edmonton tonight, the Britney Spears concert"

Now most people are usually thrilled at the chance to meet a famous celebrity such as Britney. I was not.

For two reasons.

1. I know two s when it comes to Cisco crap.

2. If I screwed this up with what exposure I would get plus that nice non disclosure agreement I had to sign saying I would be sued in a US court of law etc etc. If I screwed up I was probably toast. no pressure right?

So needless to say I showed up looked at the router and spotted the problem right away the Power supply was toast. (a replacement was sent post haste to us) I hooked it up and everything was good. :headbang:

in and out in less than 3 hours. Now I did not see or meet Britney I did meet some very mean security guards.

Rexall staff was not notified that I would be working there and I guess during the Nickelback concert some guys snuck in so some guy poking around did not look good, so here I am no backstage pass no ID and I lost my phone in the cab I took to get there. I can't prove I am who I say I am, and when I said I was there to repair a router I got "Thats orginal, and hang on we are contacting the police" but it was sorted out quickly and they apologized and explained that they needed to take all precautions.

These people had MONEY. The staff for the crew were friendly but they got done NOW.

as for me... I got a all access backstage pass FREE. and I got PAYED to do it.:party018:

not only that but it looked really good to all my higher ups that I got rave reviews from them all.

·
On call 24/7
12,580 Posts
I cant stand her, anybody that walks around bairfoot in a public bathroom is just nasty.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i was at nickel back it was awesome

·
Registered
203 Posts
Funny story, when I first read the story, why are you going to fix a router, just get another one. Thinking wood router, as you can tell I dont nothing much about computers, lol. Dont know why they would need a wood router either. Our service writer paided $175 a ticket to sit in the nose bleeds, floor seats were over 2g's.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Funny story, when I first read the story, why are you going to fix a router, just get another one. Thinking wood router, as you can tell I dont nothing much about computers, lol. Dont know why they would need a wood router either. Our service writer paided $175 a ticket to sit in the nose bleeds, floor seats were over 2g's.
wood router...LMAO :lol4:

Good for you Jordan :thumbsup:, glad it worked out so well - as you indicated those kinds of assignments are not totally without risk....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Haha sweet man, couple of my freinds won some big backstage pass/limo from High River to E-Town/bunch of other stuff deal for that show.
Good job on fixin it all up!!

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a 3500 dollar piece of equipment.

and there management bought 2 replacements and got them pre configured. :shock:

These people had no shortage of cash.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Paid $500 for my GF and I to go lastnight - was her birthday present. I'm not a fan of her music but the show was entertaining to say the least.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Paid $500 for my GF and I to go lastnight - was her birthday present. I'm not a fan of her music but the show was entertaining to say the least.
:shock: That's why those people have no shortage of cash...! Let's hope they were good seats at least

·
Registered
254 Posts
:shock: That's why those people have no shortage of cash...! Let's hope they were good seats at least
$500 is change compared to what some people spent. VIP tickets were going for $4,500+ each and floor standing tickets were going for $1,500+ each. We got some decent one's row 22 or something just up on the second level looking over the balcony.

roxxx: Every relationship is about stepping out of your comfort zone for the other's pleasure. Be it at Britney Spears or going to some lame chick flick. I make her happy she makes me happy.

Anyways, it was a good show. Very entertaining. Music wasn't my fave but I did manage to have a good time.

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Lol now I don't feel so bad, I thought wood router at first as well, then was like oh right.......:doh: Probably the main reason I'm still single is I would rather spend like five bills on the truck than some bad music concert. :hehe:

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol now I don't feel so bad, I thought wood router at first as well, then was like oh right.......:doh: Probably the main reason I'm still single is I would rather spend like five bills on the truck than some bad music concert. :hehe:
IM not single but there have been times......

I worked on my car or truck giving up a weekend.....

actually one weekend she left for calgary and all I did was bust my in the garage. :hehe:

either way I am now known as the guy who "Fixed Britneys router" at work.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Too bad you didn't have the chance to rewire her brain - man that girl is nutso.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Anyone with lacking parent figures and millions of dollars before they we're 17 would go nutso.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone with lacking parent figures and millions of dollars before they we're 17 would go nutso.
Hmm...

Millionaire before Im 20...

royaltys up the ....

I dunno... getting pregnant....

she could have followed these slogans.

1) Cover old Bart then dart her tart

2) Blanket old juicy then plug old loosey

3) Balloon your baboon then moon tune her poon

4) Bag the mole then do her hole

5) Clothe the boner before you own her

etc.....

·