Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed dual exhaust on my truck yesterday, but I have firestone air bags .. Where the exhaust fits in between the airbag and shock an the drivers side I only have about 1/4" clearance . Just wondering if this is how everyone left it or is there any ticks to get a little more clearance?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
if i were you, i would put some type of heat shield there.........just incase , so you dont melt you bags. also getting a shock to hot will deter it performance.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
There is a plate that you can put on there as a heat shield. I would recommend that.

G

·
Problem with that plate is that if you only got 1/4 inch now, that plate will never fit in there. Might have to fabricate some sort of heat shield yourself. I had to do that on my old truck, and I had a good inch between them, and was worried about it.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should of took a pic of the clearence between the airbag and shock. I'm just going to remove the air bag and add a leaf

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I was speaking of the heat shield that came with my Airbags. It goes right where the top of the bag mounts. It may take up a little more room then you have though.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have lots of clearence on that side its the drivers side. I removed the air bags last night and ordered a set of superSprings, hopefully they work as good as the air bags

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
that's not too bad, you could wrap the tailpipe w/ some heat wrap. that would help alot
:SMART:

personally i think your ride will be alittle rougher with that add leaf. id leave the air bag and go get some exhaust wrap or some thing like that and you'll be fine.
those heat wraps will do the job and is alot less expensive. good luck any which way you go.:beer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts