Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok in the near future, I am going to get a second truck. I want to build it up with in a budget. I was thinking a late 24v 01-02 or early common rail 03-04
but open to earlier years. Give me your opinion. What can I get $=hp?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's why I asked $=hp gains. I would also like to know what trans can hold over stock. Thinking commonrail becuse of the up coming Efi

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Smarty (or EFILive)-7-800
Trans-8k
Nozzles-~1k
Dual pumps-3k
Compounds-say 5k. They can run more and less

Depending on size of nozzles and your turbos, your ranging from say 650-900. Oh toss in FASS/Airdog too...think they are about 600.

My stock trans lasted longer than I thought. At the time, it was lower 400s (427) on the original Smarty tune from back in the day, not the TNT, and I dogged that SOB bad. Trans is needed pretty quick though.

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Or, you can step it up big time and run some of Wide Open's triple turbos and 200+ nozzles and have a 1000hp daily driver that drives no different than a bone stock truck until the skinny goes to the floor

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do you say the trans is like 8k isn't that steep

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
I say 8k because that's what a full billet one costs, all three shafts, converter, clutches, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ouch!!! Got to ask my trans guy he does dodges too cause he is no cheep job kinda guy. and what kit is recommended

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Think they all use basically the same stuff. You can get rebuild kits from all the trans places (Suncoast, DTT, Goerend, etc.) then add your choice of converter and shafts.

The rebuild kits with upgraded clutches and steels, accumulator piston, etc. runs about 550. Then 1300 or so for a converter, 480 for a valvebody, then the shafts run about 750 for input/intermediate and 850 for output roughly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow that's where money goes in these trucks then are manuals cheaper

·
World Champs!!!
24,829 Posts
Purchase of truck? No. To make hold power? Yea. Clutch runs like 2k, somewhere around there.

But your slower with a manual, and manuals do have issues of their own. The NV5600 is stronger, but no longer made, nor are quality replacement parts from what I hear.

The G56 has parts available, but isn't as strong.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what about the first gens trans are they that much for a build up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts