Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Converting my truck into a dually truck for business purposes

6K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  gsbrockman 
#1 ·
I got a delivery business and I need to improve my trucks because it is booming now. I plan to convert my 2 2019 Ram 3500 into dually trucks to improve their capability in carrying heavy loads. By the way, I'm thinking of purchasing this wheel. What are your thoughts about it?

See less See more
#2 ·
Converting it to a dually will give you more weight capacity but not on paper. If you live where you are very regulated licensing, etc. Then you probably have to trade in for a dually with the more GCVW on paper.

If you never want to do tire rotations then waste money on weak over priced rims.

The black steel rims are proven best bang for the buck.

#6 ·
Have you? :LOL:

#9 ·
Idk I feel like this is a troll.

#12 ·
I got a delivery business and I need to improve my trucks because it is booming now. I plan to convert my 2 2019 Ram 3500 into dually trucks to improve their capability in carrying heavy loads. By the way, I'm thinking of purchasing this wheel. What are your thoughts about it?
View attachment 918275
Payload or tow rating?
If towing, under or over 10k, which as I assume you know, would be a determining factor for cdl or not

#22 ·
Watch out for the RAWR! FWIW,The weight rating on my tires is 3042, single, and 2800 or so, for dual use. I've bought steel dually rims on eBay for $105 and I've seen them for $85.. They were Chinese but very good quality. My 12 dually had 22" Fuels when I bought it ... 3 different rims for a dually! Those were the first SOBs I got rid of!

#23 ·
Yeah.... it’s a safe bet that ole Bezzos is a troll. He/she introduced themselves a few months ago saying they have a Promaster 1500 and they’re hear to learn more. Haha

Reactions: Jimmy N.
#31 ·
I have done the conversion with my 2005 Dodge Ram 2500. I absolutely love it. I pull a Keystone Raptor 3912LEV, in short a very long heavy toy hauler. I first pulled it with the SRW, but did not feel safe. Since I changed out to the DRW I feel confident in the weight capability and handling of the the rig. The change out was not very expensive in comparison to a new truck either. 1200 for the axle, 1200 for the install by a reputable transmission shop, and fender extensions from Wallis fenders (very happy with) 400. Dually STEEL rims 500 (remember your looking to increase weight capability). Try to buy a dually today over the cost of your SRW for 3K.
Good luck

#33 · (Edited)
Swapping the truck over wont be the problem. The issue lives with it being a business vehicles meaning commercial. We are talking a truck that has to be signed off by the Manufacturer and having the stickers in the door changed for the weight. If DOT stops you, you're heavily "attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis". Also comes the 26,001lbs CDL A range when licensed since being commercial.

It would be cheaper to simply remove the parts added for company use and buy a couple new duallies. That or look in the used market for a couple 4th gens at a cheaper price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.