Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a delivery business and I need to improve my trucks because it is booming now. I plan to convert my 2 2019 Ram 3500 into dually trucks to improve their capability in carrying heavy loads. By the way, I'm thinking of purchasing this wheel. What are your thoughts about it?

·
1,292 Posts
Converting it to a dually will give you more weight capacity but not on paper. If you live where you are very regulated licensing, etc. Then you probably have to trade in for a dually with the more GCVW on paper.

If you never want to do tire rotations then waste money on weak over priced rims.

The black steel rims are proven best bang for the buck.

·
White Lightning
12,548 Posts

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Nope and thats why i didnt alude to how the process goes mearly brought up what can be done. Y spoke as though hed gone through the process so it would be nice to see actual facts and not vague hearsay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you gone through the process?
No, but I have looked at it, albeit quite some time ago. Alot of different people have to sign off on the "upgrades" to deem it safe for an increased gvwr.
Basically engineers, or a certified coach builder need s to sign off and say it's all good. That is alot of liability, so it isn't cheap.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Idk I feel like this is a troll.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Could be but this question come up often. Then the 2nd post is always no you cant do that which is wrong. So troll or not its off to a better end before the rails fall off entirely.
It can be done, but depends on the model.

For 3500s, need dually axle, bed, and front spacers.

For 2013+ 2500s it’s actually impossible without crazy mods. This is because of the coil rear suspension of the newer model 2500s.

As for legality, that varies...

Reactions: blackraptor

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got a delivery business and I need to improve my trucks because it is booming now. I plan to convert my 2 2019 Ram 3500 into dually trucks to improve their capability in carrying heavy loads. By the way, I'm thinking of purchasing this wheel. What are your thoughts about it?
View attachment 918275
Payload or tow rating?
If towing, under or over 10k, which as I assume you know, would be a determining factor for cdl or not

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
Well, not exactly...........
Any combination of vehicles with a gross combined weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, providing the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of the vehicle being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds
And still not exactly...
I can legally go up to 39,000 lbs. combined (14,000 plus 25,000) on my regular license with the 3500 and the larger gooseneck trailer.
But that's here. Your state's laws can and will vary.

·
Registered
68 Posts
And still not exactly...
I can legally go up to 39,000 lbs. combined (14,000 plus 25,000) on my regular license with the 3500 and the larger gooseneck trailer.
But that's here. Your state's laws can and will vary.
What state?
Commercially? Because cdl applies to commercially operated motor vehicles, And I believe there are some exemptions for farms. Otherwise, at that weight you would need a cdl as per fmsca regulations. If you have information stating otherwise, please share it

Attachments

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
That's the key. I'm not running commercially.

Reactions: gsbrockman
1 - 20 of 34 Posts