Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first real question for you guys!

can anyone guide me as to which wire i tap on to for the converter lock up switch?

which harness/ wire and does it need a 12v to the wire or does it need to be grounded?..

thx guys!:beer

·
LOAN KING
345 Posts
Dude I have a diagram I will email you on how to do it. You need to go to radio shack and get a 33 ohm resistor first.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx jason! i guess i could have just brought it up on the phone earlier huh?

email away...
[email protected]

ill go to radio shack when i get off this POS greywolf RIG and get said device:thumbsup

or you can just upload it to photobucket?:butt:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btw i hate you cause you have me wanting to go to the track friday, when im not ready!

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have drawn a switch that is pretty complex(for me that is) it has a control circuit that cuts the lockup out if you hit the brake. it uses relays but i would rather use transistors. can anyone help me here?
jason, please send me a copy of your switch so i can compare. if anyone wants my switch please write me:
[email protected]
i haven't drawn it out yet but i can make one that cuts out just during braking and then locks again when you release the brake.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jason's is very simple....

tag onto the wire from the harness strait to a 12v source, with a light and a switch inline.

i OD like the idea of the brake disable! kinda like the bd TORQLOC.

there are schematics on BDs page, i might compare to theirs....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, im having trouble finding out which wire it is in the connector? i'm not gonna just guess!

i looked on BD at their torq loc, but that was for a 47RE.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! what color is the wire?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
still no DEFINITE wire color here. there are several connectors down there and pin #7 doesn't say much!

ok lets try this... can someone take a PIC of the wire/harness they tagged onto?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts