Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get a new revmax converter for a while now, but I have a few questions first. How would a guy tell if his valve body already has a shift kit in it. My truck shifts way faster and more firm than any of my friends trucks, which is my theory on why I broke my second gear band strut. If the valve body was stock, i have heard that there is a way to turn the line pressure up on them. Is this true? My last question is can I upgrade the converter to a single disk lower stall with my stock valve body. Any advise would be appreciated. I already have the upgraded gov pres sensor and transducer.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have been wanting to get a new revmax converter for a while now, but I have a few questions first. How would a guy tell if his valve body already has a shift kit in it. My truck shifts way faster and more firm than any of my friends trucks, which is my theory on why I broke my second gear band strut. If the valve body was stock, i have heard that there is a way to turn the line pressure up on them. Is this true? My last question is can I upgrade the converter to a single disk lower stall with my stock valve body. Any advise would be appreciated. I already have the upgraded gov pres sensor and transducer.
you probably do have a shift kit or upgraded valve body. dont know how to find out wich shift kit or valve body. the only thing i could think of and is easiest to tell is to pull it out and see if you have an enlarged hole on the converter lockup plate and match to stock valvebody or diagrams. kits will have plates between plates and have holes drilled in parts of valvebody.yes you canb throw an upgraded single disk with lower stall converter with a stock valvebody,but why do that when getting that far . if your not sure and cant figure out if you got a kit or what not just get a kit and when you start getting into it youll know wether or not its already been done or just purchase a valvebody from DTT or suncoast , GARMON ,GOERAND, etc. and tell them what you want .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK that's what i thought to. i don't plan on pulling the valve body anytime some i already had it out once when the damn thing wouldn't shift and it was the only thing left. i do not plan to go over the 400-425 horse range so i do not want to go all out on the trans, but if it does not have a shift kit i will probably just get one when i do the converter. does anyone know what the stock line pressure is. i have access to a scanner and can look at the pressures to see if they are higher than stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.