Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i was wondering if i converted to an nv4500 if i would need any mods to the tranny or the t-case for the stock t-case to bolt up to the nv?

· Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the clutch and the drive shafts

· I bleed Diesel
2,222 Posts
driveshafts are the same. i think. the clutch and flywheel are differerent as well as the adapterplate and the bell housing. i think

· Registered
58 Posts
From what i've gatherd the nv4500 are 6 or 8 inches longer (cant remember what the number is) than the getrag. So the length of the driveshafts would be differant, rear would need to be shorter front would need to be longer. As far as U-joints go, im not 100% sure. He's right you would need a second gen clutch, flywheel, adapter plate, and starter.

· Registered
6 Posts
Advanced adapters sells an adapter bellhousing just for your specific purpose, you can use your original slave cylinder and starter, when I did mine I went to a bigger flywheel and a 13" clutch (From a company on e-bay), and they sent me an adapter for my starter that offset it for the new ring gear location. The shifter hole in the floor will be approx. 5" farther back than the getrag. on the u-joints, none of them will change unless you have a divorced transfer case. I say that the whole conversion is well worth the effort, I love mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.