Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 06 2500 with don thurens 3" coils and i want to get some control arms . what are some good ones to get for the money not looking to spend alot. and do i just need 1 " longer ones? what will control arms do besides move foward a lil. a better ride or anything?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
i have a 06 2500 with don thurens 3" coils and i want to get some control arms . what are some good ones to get for the money not looking to spend alot. and do i just need 1 " longer ones? what will control arms do besides move foward a lil. a better ride or anything?
Why not get Don's since you already have his components ?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like too but just seeing if i could save some money on other ones

·
Registered
395 Posts
I haven't done much shopping but I was looking at Tuff Country's long arm kit.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know dons stuff is great stuff

·
Registered
308 Posts
Id save up and go with a set of his. it will be well worth the wait. I had a pair of cheap control arms and my truck and it rode like crap. Upgraded and it fixed all the issues i was having.

Hey just curious how do those thuren coils ride? i want a set of his 6" ones.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i like it it seems to ride well but really havent rode in too many others so not sure i did ride in dons 05 he had and he the 3" ones and other stuff but road so nice it was crazy .

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how are the Pure Performance Triple Threat control arm ?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have a 3.5" lift with TGC short control arms. They have grease fittngs etc. and are built pretty solid. Truck rides like a cadillac. I couldn't imagine what a long arm kit would ride like. My axle is perfectly centered, if anything it may be a bit foward which is good so the wheel is well away from the fender. I think you can pick them up for about $240.

·
Joel's Diesel
1,273 Posts
1/2 inch to 5/8 inch longer.... With good quality control arms, the ride is definitely improved, no deflection, let the springs and shocks do the work like they're supposed to. Can't go wrong with Don's stuff, excellent...

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts

·
06 Cummins
1,621 Posts
I added 5/8" control arms to my KORE springs, centered the axle nicely, drive is good, no interference anywhere. Mine are Black Ops Diesel arms. Do a search, I think the thread is in the 6.7 forums.

CD

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i also added longer arms 5/8 ( i think ) from Top Gun C. & they made a world of differance. I really like the quality of them & they also have the grease fittings. But i would check out the ones an earlier poster listed as Don has a set laying around....may be able to get a good deal.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a set of Top Gun Customs also and there great.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
TGC all the way. I like mine a lot. Great welds and pretty beefy for a great price. I can email pics installed if you'd like

1 - 17 of 17 Posts