Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Control Arm Bushings

845 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  jason
Just got all my new bushings in for the upper and lower control arms. Just wondering if there is a tips/tricks anyone knows about doing these. I have never done it before but it dont look to hard. And also will the process of doing these require me to get an alignment. Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· CO President
2,621 Posts
Lots of good penatrating lube. If you can get all of the bolts out and put back in in the same way you should be alright, but it would not hurt to have the alighnment chacked.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
I agree, it can never hurt to have the allignment checked, but I thought I'd mention that the only thing that can change is the caster. The toe is set by the steering linkages, and the camber is set by the balljoints. So it's hard to goof up. Personally I'd just mark the adjusters before removing them.

You gonna post up how hard it was? :) I'm curious-been thinking about slipping in some poly ones.

· Registered
1,420 Posts
I bought super beefy adj. cont. arms and I should have done both bottoms at the same time and then the tops because, it put the axle at an angle making me have to hook a ratchet strap to the front bumper and to the axle to pull it forward. You probably won't have this problem as your only doing bushings. I did think the stock ones were replaceable. After sseing how easy they can bend 365 bucks and 6" of adjustment are'nt bad for some from Dunks perf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.