Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Ram 2500. The CP4 to CP3 fuel pump recall was just completed. When the CP4 was on the truck I used Diesel Kleen with every tankful. Do I really need to continue to use Diesel Kleen with this new CP3 fuel pump? If this Q has been addressed please send me a link to the discussion.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I don't use Diesel Kleen but I will continue using a fuel additive for fuel system preventive maintenance.
Like said above, it's not necessary nor bad.
Also above it's said that it's snake oil. There's never been a failure diagnosed that any current fuel additive was the cause. There's lot's of testimony discussing fuel additive's benefit and tests proving the same. I get so tired of the "snake oil" opinions that never include any data to back up their mouth.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I also know quite a few guys over 400k that don't use it, a couple have told me they used to but just stoped when they got tired of paying for it and never looked back. "testimony" is meaningless, placebo effect is real, marketing is not to be trusted. I have yet to see any actual unbiased tests done that are not completely flawed... Snake Oil.

But its all good, I agree, they don't seem to hurt anything at all, the Cummins eats it all the same. spend away! its just money :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
I also know quite a few guys over 400k that don't use it, a couple have told me they used to but just stoped when they got tired of paying for it and never looked back. "testimony" is meaningless, placebo effect is real, marketing is not to be trusted. I have yet to see any actual unbiased tests done that are not completely flawed... Snake Oil.

But its all good, I agree, they don't seem to hurt anything at all, the Cummins eats it all the same. spend away! its just money :D
I respect your opinion

Reactions: s10010001

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for responding. I will use what I have then probably stop using it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts