Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having braking issues of 1 wheel locking up. I replaced the hose and the caliper twice. I flushed system with new synthetic fluid and its still sticking. I went to remove the cap to add some to the reservoir and the rubber inside is swollen as if oil of some type got into the system. I have no idea how it could have but would I still need to replace entire system or just what goes to the one wheel that's sticking?

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it were me, I’d flush the whole system. These master cylinders can move some serious fluid so it shouldn’t take long, even if manually pumping it through the brakes. A buddy or Dr Pepper bottle and some hose will be your best friend!

I didn’t quite understand, have you replaced both the caliper and the hose? Or just the hose?

It sounds like there’s some sort of junk in the caliper, or the piston has froze up....not really like bad fluid.

One other possibility, as it’s happened on my trucks, the hard lines being to corrode and swell, so you may not be getting the correct fluid flow to it.

Just a couple things to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the hose on that side and that caliper twice. I have flushed the system and went with synthetic dot 4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts