Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1991 Dodge W250, 12 Valve Cummins, 4 Wheel Drive, 5 Speed
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, My names Tony Nagel

I just want to start off by saying I’m by no means a really mechanically inclined person, but I bought my first gen as a dream truck and have seriously enjoyed fixing it up.

Over the last few weeks I have noticed a squeaking noise and sometimes popping noise coming from I believe the front passenger wheel well when driving with the brakes not pressed in. When the brakes are pushed it stops squeaking but sometimes pops especially when it’s cold. I should note that I had the brakes, wheel bearings, bushings, all u-joints and seals replaced with new parts. The sound still occurs.

Just trying to maybe get some input on what I should check first. Like I said I’m not a professional so I’m not ruling out a mistake on my end. Just thought I would ask for your guys opinions.

Thanks!

· Registered
'93 D350 Dually Auto Extended Cab
152 Posts
What about the cracked frame by the steering box. Ot the cracked cowl?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What about the cracked frame by the steering box. Ot the cracked cowl?
I inspected the frame when replacing front end and it was all good. No cracks. I also replaced the steering box. After a drive to school this morning me and my friend who was driving along side me noted that it almost sounds like more of a scraping noise. Not a squeak. Sorry if I’m being confusing.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The whole assembly. I did some looking yesterday and found that u might have the wrong rotors somehow. They are wearing vary unevenly. Don’t know what else it could be as everything else only has about 1,500 miles on it.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
If they're not top of the line parts, they can be not up to specs. I went through THREE reman alternators and still had A/C voltage, too much, flowing into the electric system. I tested all and A/C voltage leakage exceeded maximum allowances. Put on an expensive alternator, Voila!!! No more pulsating lights. I've been through the same thing with brakes front and rear.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I can tell I will need new rotors as the ones on it are about shot. They are the only part on the front end that hasn’t been redone. If that doesn’t fix it then I’ll have to rethink the situation. Any recommendations on what brand and all so that I can hopefully get it right?

· Registered
3,618 Posts
My preference for brake rotors has been Centric premium line but I don't think they're available for our trucks.

Their basic line is still decent. Have them trued after mounting no matter which brand you get. I recommend a real machine shop over parts store or brake shops.

· Registered
1,082 Posts
From what I can tell I will need new rotors as the ones on it are about shot. They are the only part on the front end that hasn’t been redone. If that doesn’t fix it then I’ll have to rethink the situation. Any recommendations on what brand and all so that I can hopefully get it right?
If they are shot, that's your problem more than likely. Be sure to research exactly what you need as over the counter stuff can be spotty quality wise and you want to be real sure it is the right part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.