1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
715 Posts
not a bad looking truck for the money. I would just be concerned with the tranny, front end, and injection pump. I would say that if you truly want a 97 12 valve, then wait til you find one that you want. I think you will be much happier in the end if you wait to find the right vehicle. I did this with mine, and I am glad that I waited to find the truck that I really wanted

·
Registered
631 Posts
what the hell is with the pee shooter dual exhaust thats embarrasing

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I read your post and then just glanced at the pictures and was about to say go for it cuz that looks like a very well taken care of 12v but then i went back and looked at it closer and its a 24 valve :doh:. Wait till you find what you want, it will roll around.

How bout this one?

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read your post and then just glanced at the pictures and was about to say go for it cuz that looks like a very well taken care of 12v but then i went back and looked at it closer and its a 24 valve :doh:. Wait till you find what you want, it will roll around.

How bout this one?

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com
I do like the 2500 Cummins also but am leary because when I do pull with it I pull haevy loads. An example is last week I was pulling 20K lbs. of hay on one of our farms and really needed 4 wheel drive and that Cummins grunt. I'm not sure a 2500 will stand up to the weights I will need to pull. Most of the time these weights I pull are from dead starts, a lot of times off road and then when on road up some pretty steep hills from dead starts.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
you can add airbags to the 2500 and do the same job as the srw 3500. pulling lots of heavy loads cant beat the dulley

·
On call 24/7
12,576 Posts
The dually looks good for the money, it also looks like the dash top has a cover on it. My 98 2500 has overload springs just like a 3500 does so if you find a good 2500 it can be upgraded to 3500 overloads easily unless you just want a dually.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I do like the 2500 Cummins also but am leary because when I do pull with it I pull haevy loads. An example is last week I was pulling 20K lbs. of hay on one of our farms and really needed 4 wheel drive and that Cummins grunt. I'm not sure a 2500 will stand up to the weights I will need to pull. Most of the time these weights I pull are from dead starts, a lot of times off road and then when on road up some pretty steep hills from dead starts.
i live on a farm and have a 2500 long bed crewcab with airbags, and ive pulled some serious loads, on my 25 ft bumper hitch trailer ive put 600 square bales on, and also 11 round bales (not at the same time, different loads), and mine holds up good.

·
Registered
95 Posts
looks like some fresh spray paint in the fender walls
Sure does,but on a 10 yr old truck,what do you expect for that money?My only concern would be if the door bottoms were repainted to cover rust,being a SC truck,the doors are probably fine,but those in the northern regions,the doors rot out on the bottom.

·
Registered
188 Posts
save 2000.00 and by my 99 listed in the for sale section. Only problem is the 2wd.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love my truck but I think if I had it to do over I might hold out for a 12v.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can see it pulled a trailer alot so brakes, turbo bearings, seals, and all that are good to look at.... but it is clean but all that takes is a pressure washer and some spray paint. have someone look at it with some cummins expirience.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
well you can almost part it out for that so...not too bad even if it has Crank counter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts