Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some damage on my stock hood and I have a $100 deductible on my comprehensive policy. So i'm thinking of replacing the stocker with an SRT 10 hood. Any advice?

Those of you that have one please chime in. My concerns are fitment issues, underhood lighting, the insulation, etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wanted one too until I found out how much $$$$$ they are. A local dealer has one in stock, he quoted me $978. not painted, not installed! WTF, I told him I only wanted one, he laughed. He will probably have it for a while at that price. If anyone knows where to get one for a reasonable price please tell me where its at, thanks

·
Banned
4,309 Posts
My brother has one on his dually, it was a perfect fit. Alignment is perfect & it even has the light on it. I think he paid $600.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The two dealers local to me both quoted $723 primed ready for paint. I assume the insualtion blanket is extra. The hoods are on National back order.:banghead:

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
yeah i was thinking about 1 myself they are a nice little something extra, wow nation wide back order :doh:

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
here is mine, im chiming in, mine fits like a tops and the actual true air coming in brought temps down anywhere from 2-4* only prob i had is where the bolts for the cowl vent are under te hood, you will have to grind just alittle bit of the bottom of them, if not they will hit the fan shroud and push up on the vent, other than that, its a beautiful thing... :headbang:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
as for the light, I guess ya could take it off th old one, I never got around to doing it, I like it a lot, as for fitment, 4 bolts hold it on. I got lucky, first time on it ws just a tny bit off, loosened bolts a bit, it moved to the perfect spot... tightened up and sits to this day perfect. they look good withthe billet grill insert and the insert for the srt scoop itself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's a factory hood, so fitment is excellent. Since they are no longer building SRT-10's, the national backorder is a concern. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the part number and quit offering them. Get`em while you can....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Any of you guys in the Indiana area my dad is a body man and can do it for fairly cheap compaired to other body shops

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love mine and the fit is great!!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mine fits perfect... I have my light installed and i just modified the factory hood insulation to work with the SRT10. i think i got mine for around $600... It was $900 and change for the hood, paint, and install...

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine fits perfect... I have my light installed and i just modified the factory hood insulation to work with the SRT10. i think i got mine for around $600... It was $900 and change for the hood, paint, and install...
What or how did you modify the hood insulation? do you have any pics? Thanks, Shag.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Where is everyone getting their paint? Anyone done it themselves?

Talked with my dealer, $723 for the hood. Another $420 to have it painted, assuming the truck hasn't faded and they have to do some blending. So that makes it $1143 before tax.

Have a buddy that can paint, but where can I get the paint to match?

·
Registered
175 Posts
If anyone is tryin to paint theirs to match get your paint code which is in your glove box, mine is like PW3 or somethin like that which is a Timberline Green. Go to anyplace that mixes paint and have them mix your desired amount. Anyone near me who needs some paint work done go ahead and let me kno. thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
cost & availability

MSRP in Canada on the SRT10 hood is $822 Canadian. As of today there are 5 at the Mopar wharehouse in Red Deer Alberta.

I found a dealer in Calgary who was willing to sell me the hood for $685 so I bought one ($685 is the cost of the flat hood & what my insurance company was willing to pay for a new hood for my 05 Dually due to a hail damage claim).

I have another thread in this section looking for paint suggestions...looking for two tone options to make my truck stand out a little from the rest.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts