Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy, I just figure starting a new thread about this would be the easiest way to get the word out about Eric's test. It is apparent by the PM that Eric sent me on the powerstroke forum that both were tested with the MP-8. I have the reply to my message as well so that no one thinkgs I am blowing smoke :thumbsup:

Re: 6.7 Cummins Test Truck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeffrey,

The truck actually runs the best with the Edge on around 3, the XRT, and the MP8. However, I don't recommend stacking. I don't consider the MP8 stacking, since it's a simple rail pressure box.

Yes, I did run the XRT and Edge Hot both back to back. The Edge with MP8 ran 13.3 and the XRT w/ MP8 was around 13.5. 60' were identical on the same night. I will say the XRT runs much smoother. The Edge seems to fall a little on the shifts. This is typical of a module vs. a programmer. I use a programmer whenever possible.

The Smarty will be released very soon.

Thanks

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250
Eric,
I was wondering if I could get all the information on the tests that you ran on the 6.7 truck. You clearly stated that you ran the truck with the Edge and MP-8 together and that you plan on running the new Smarty with an "RD" box(which I am guessing you will use the MP-8...), but it is not clear to me whether or not you tested the XRT with the MP-8. In your post that you made in the thread started by John, you say that the Edge out performed the XRT on the track, but you only stated that you used the MP-8 with the Edge, thus giving the Edge the advantage. I just want to get it cleared up on whether or not you did test the XRT with the MP-8 or not.

THANKS,
Jeffrey

SOOOOO, that should get everything cleared up on that subject, but the thread is open for discussion, and I like discussion so talk/debate on

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
2 tenths of a second could be because of many variables and not necessarily power loss or gain between the too. Bring a dyno graph comparign the two setups then we would have something to discuss :thumbsup:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 tenths of a second could be because of many variables and not necessarily power loss or gain between the too. Bring a dyno graph comparign the two setups then we would have something to discuss :thumbsup:
Yea, I would like to see the dyno charts to compare them. I will PM and see if he dyno tested the truck with the 2 different setups :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
But for 2 tenths just say its cause the chip but I doubt it its woth 2 tenths to be code free and the xrt has way more power on its way!!! So really no need to worry about what faster cause the xrt obviously will be

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
i am glad to know how it compares though cause i came from the edge mp8 and have the xrt mp8 now. thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Me to man haha but I preferre cummins first but I like any DIESEL power myself!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just curious, why don't you recommend stacking?
I am not the one that stated that. Eric from IDP is the one who made that statement. He has his own opinion, which is a pretty good one, considering diesel performance and custom tuning is what he specializes in. He said in his message to me that he doesnt really consider the MP-8 as stacking since it is only a rail pressure box... I think he is referring to stacking the Edge Juice with a programmer like a DiabloSport Predator or something along those lines.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was referring to the XRT and Edge. I wasn't trying to be confrontational. I really want to know about any problems or reasons you shouldn't stack the two. As you can see from my sig I have the Edge, but had thought about an XRT too.
I could probably find out for you :thumbsup:

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
I was referring to the XRT and Edge. I wasn't trying to be confrontational. I really want to know about any problems or reasons you shouldn't stack the two. As you can see from my sig I have the Edge, but had thought about an XRT too.
If you want to stack your Edge with the XRT you need to have a Edge Juice that has the ability to turn the timing off. If not then when stacked with the XRT the Edge and XRT make too much timing in the engine. There is one person on here that I know of that is running the XRT and Edge Juice w/Att and loves it but he does have the timing turned off on his Edge. Edge use to do it for you but they are no longer offering that service. So if you do not already ahve a Juice with the ability to turn the timing on & off you can't get one now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
because you have two items doing the same thing fuel and timing you could end up with too much of both especially timing. The mp8 only adds fuel and pressure so you are just adding fuel to the fuel and timing of the programmer or box

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
08Stroker - can you find out how the boosted launch was done on the 6.7 - for example, how much boost off idle? What were the 60' times?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
He didnt say what the 60' times were, but he did say they were the same with both setups. And yes, I will ask about boost psi :thumbsup:
Thanks! The reason I ask about the boost is that there are a few guys on here that do them at about 6-8 PSI, and haven't blown up their transmissions. But, I suspect the Ford is able to boost higher off the line due to the better transmission.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! The reason I ask about the boost is that there are a few guys on here that do them at about 6-8 PSI, and haven't blown up their transmissions. But, I suspect the Ford is able to boost higher off the line due to the better transmission.
Most guys with the 6.4 that I have heard racing stories from do anywhere from 10-20 psi launches

1 - 20 of 28 Posts