Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, im wondering what is the diff between the 2 to put in your ful to mix? what is better and what is most cost effective?

And can I put shell snowmobile full synthetic oil?
Shell Advance Snow Ultra, 4L | Canadian Tire

this is the one I have for kinda cheap...
so yeah.

need info please.TY

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
if its TCW3 oil feel free to use it, here is a link to a study done on the lub properties of different products, some people swear work, yet the results so that they dont, just remember they were testing for lub properties not cetane improvement or antigelling, in these depts maybe results would be different.

I have only ever used Amsoil conditioner or Walmart TCW3 oil in every tank for the past 3.5yrs on the sameVP that would be 220,000kms, which does nopt sound like a lot, but I did it the hard way, a tank of fuel every 2 days, the first yr I spent 15,000$ in fuel after that it averaged around 10,000$ per yr....

so approx 45,000in fuel give or take a few thousand, and my VP knock on wood is still going strong

Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Many people have differant ideas about this. I think you should put something one that is made for diesel not gas engines. But in saying that I had a customer that went over 1 mil km on his N14 powered semi. And when I pulled the injectors they looked almost new very little carbon build up. 2 stroke has a pour point the isn't as low as fuel conditioner.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Many people have differant ideas about this. I think you should put something one that is made for diesel not gas engines. But in saying that I had a customer that went over 1 mil km on his N14 powered semi. And when I pulled the injectors they looked almost new very little carbon build up. 2 stroke has a pour point the isn't as low as fuel conditioner.
Was your customer using any fuel conditioner? Was something wrong with the injectors or were the just the original set and worn out? Carbon build up has a lot do with how the engine is used. One guy may put poor quality fuel in his truck, work it hard all day every day and have very little carbon build up. Another guy might use the best fuel and the finest additives money can buy but have excessive carbon build up because he has a lot of idle time and pulls a lot of light loads.

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
the results pretty well speaks for itself. A quart of Soy biodiesel added to tank of fuel is a far more effective treatment for lubicity than ANY OPTION. And the price is best also.

·
Registered
380 Posts
At the in-laws I'm not allowed to talk about politics or religion... for the same reasons you should be careful coming on here and talking about fuel additives or lift pumps! :S::hehe::rof

The oil rated for Marine 2-Stroke TCW3 use is designed to blend into fuel just as readily as a bio-diesel blend. A blend of just about any bio-diesel does have better lubricating properties but Marine 2-stroke oil is far less likely to gel up in cold weather which is kind of a big deal in some parts of the world. Being intended for use on the water, it also has the added bonus of being designed to pull water out of solution with the fuel.

There is also nothing wrong with running two types of conditioner. In the winter I run a dose of anti-gel and half a quart of TCW3 Marine 2-stroke in every tank.

The links in the second post will tell you a whole lot more about this subject.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys but the oil I posted, I put it in my sled for injection.. so would that be ok for my truck? I can get it CHEAP...that is why I am asking.. other then that I have a wal amrt and canadian tire here -.-

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
is it tcw3 oil?

·
Registered
380 Posts
TCW3 stands for Two Cycle Water-cooled, generation 3. The gen3 has a higher concentration of anti-carbon additives than the older TCW2.

I don't know if the stuff you have for your sled would be good for your truck or not. TCW3 is oil that you mix with gas the old school way (the pour it and slosh it method) rather than with a high pressure direct injection system. If the stuff for your sled doesn't blend properly it could turn into a sludge and gum up your sending unit. Like I said before though, I don't know for sure. If you didn't see it or something like it on the links provided by "02Cumminspowered" then I would advise against it until you do know for sure. Sorry I can't help more than that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Computer sneezed... see post below.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just did a little googling and it turns out that your sled oil is TCW3 rated... I would still recommend do a bit more research on your own before using it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts