Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Pinetop Az and needed a new hose for my VIAIR compressor. The VIAIR is a 12 volt so Iam always needing to pop the hood of the truck to top off my air bags or tires.

I decided to try this 3 Gallon and it seems that it will work off the 115VAC for what I need.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's compressor pulls 408 watts and the bed plug is rated for 400. That is impressive the plug is able to maintain at least 400 watts for extended run times.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's compressor pulls 408 watts and the bed plug is rated for 400. That is impressive the plug is able to maintain at least 400 watts for extended run times.

I just need it to maintain the 115 psi in the tank. I haven't really tested it under load while filling a tire yet. ..

It will run to fill the tank however.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It'll draw the most power when the tank is almost full. But if it works it works
I ran it when I got back from our trip. Tank had 30 psi, plugged it in and in ran til it reached its 115 psi automatic shut off.

See how it goes over the next few months.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
That’s a good solution since the inverter appears to keep up with it.
Suggestion for temporary 12V accessories. I’ve done this multiple times for things like portable fuel cube with electric pump or 12V air compressors.
Make up a 7 pin trailer plug that just hooks in to the 12V + pin and ground. Plug and play, without opening the hood.

Reactions: sstoner911

·
Registered
22 Posts
I found a 3/4 hp PACAIR 12 volt compressor - fits under the rear driver side passenger seat really well. I have an 8 gallon aluminum tank under the bed. Great having ability to run impact tool on the road.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a 3/4 hp PACAIR 12 volt compressor - fits under the rear driver side passenger seat really well. I have an 8 gallon aluminum tank under the bed. Great having ability to run impact tool on the road.
Do you have some pictures you could post when you have a chance?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will try to remember tonight to take a picture. I think the brand is "PAC BRAKE". I have a switch just below the heater controls. I donot use it for my bags but I use it for the horns / 8 gallon tank. Quality pump. I found the AL tank on Ebay from memory. I do have a flat bed but I think it would fit under the factory bed - it is above the drive shaft just in front of my gooseneck hitch

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will try to remember tonight to take a picture. I think the brand is "PAC BRAKE". I have a switch just below the heater controls. I donot use it for my bags but I use it for the horns / 8 gallon tank. Quality pump. I found the AL tank on Ebay from memory. I do have a flat bed but I think it would fit under the factory bed - it is above the drive shaft just in front of my gooseneck hitch
Thanks. I have their air bags...an on board system is on my list...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Went to buy a boat in southern IN with my daughter, while skinny trailer tires "looked" good, we checked 45 mins into the 7 hr ride back. One tire was delaminating. I carry a 10 ton air over HYD jack as well as impact / air hose. In 8 mins tire was changed on trailer. Daughter said "what would you have done if you didnt have the tools? My answer, find / make a friend!." Been there done that. Americans are super helpful, having ability to solve your own issues is key.

·
Registered
22 Posts
here are some pics - You will see the big 12 volt air compressor as well as my little guy for the air bags. Since the little guy was there already and connected, did not make sense to remove / change over to the big air set up.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts