Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my airbags and am going to install my compressor this week and just wondering where everyone has there's mounted?

Thanks,
Darren

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I mounted mine on the frame rail on the outside of the drivers side. Sort of behind the fender liner. Havent had any issues with it there in over 15k miles.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you just drill holes and use self tapping screws or did you drill all the way through the frame?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any other suggested locations to mount the compressor?

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
I mounted the one I have in my Chevy in the tool box with the lines running out the bottom and through the drain hole in the bed out to my air horns. Works GREAT... if you have a tool box that is.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have tool box.............I guess I'll just mount it to the frame. I just didn't want to drill the frame, should I go all the way through?

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
I hear drilling into the frame is bad juju. If you have some scrap metal around you can make a bracket that bolts around the frame like a clamp.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I mounted mine under the bed, just behind the cab on the drivers side. There is a bracket that the bed rests on and I hung it off of there. (note according to the manual the firestone compressor model I have can be mounted upside down.) Next I built a box (16 ga steel) to go over it and keep rocks etc away from it. Also farther back on the same side I mounted a 1 gallon tank and enclosed it with a box.

Good luck

George

·
Registered
168 Posts
I mounted mine to the underbody panels right next to the frame rail under the drivers door. Very solid, no problems.

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.