Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my grill painted to match the Brilliant Black Pearlcoat (PXR) and painted the Ram emblem flat black. I took the grill to an Auto Paint Shop to be painted. Instead of buying one from the stealership for $400 he painted it for $170.

First he sanded it lightly as to not make imperfections. Then he applied black epoxy, PXR paint, & clearcoat. Matches perfectly.

As for the Ram, I did that myself. I took a Dremel and sandpaper attachments and went to work. It took about 2 hours trying not to destroy it by grinding too hard. After I got it all off I smoothed it with 600 grit sandpaper. Next I put on a plastic primer, then high heat flat black paint, then a flat clearcoat. It took a while but I think it came out good.

·
Registered
451 Posts
looks like the working class truck now

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Looks good, not bad for a rookie........

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Right on, Sounds like its going to be a nice Blacked out Rig

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I'm liking that grill shell. I want to paint the shell black (PXR) and leave the insert chrome.:thumbsup

·
Banned
1,113 Posts
Looks sick, now you just have to do the lower bumper section, the side emblems, black out the headlights, and a set of KMC rockstars in black. Then the truck will be finished.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm liking that grill shell. I want to paint the shell black (PXR) and leave the insert chrome.:thumbsup
I was thinking of doing that too. If you sand the surface of the chrome with a Dremel it will give it a sweet machined look.

·
Registered
830 Posts
nice start:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
it looks great:thumbsup..so whats next? a small lift, some 35s and some nice black offset rims?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it looks great:thumbsup..so whats next? a small lift, some 35s and some nice black offset rims?
I don't know. I've got to weigh my options. Black asthetics vs. performance mods??? Tough choice. I really want a new TC & VB or Front & Rear replacement bumpers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts