Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Complete Truck Repaint

1464 6
How much should it cost to do a complete truck repaint to another color?
2005 Quad 8' Bed color black now to a silver or dark Charcoal!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
l would say between 3-5 k for a decent job where your not back at the bodyshop complainin about a run

· Registered
128 Posts
also depends of if you want to jamps..any body work, complete tear down or jus masking everything... i know my shop would be in the 6500-7500 n we spray glasurit waterborn which is one of the best there is..

· Registered
128 Posts
like i said it all depends on how into detail you go, i do completes with ppg paint which is still really good and have done it for as low as 1800... thats on a side job. if u find a painter to do it on the side that would be your best bet. cost for good materials is a large portion of the initial cost. plus labor n all that bs... post up for a local that does side work! n go from there, shy away from shops lol we nickle n dime... n sell sell sell

· Registered
538 Posts
PPG makes a great product thats what we use. Being a dark color you can get away with just jamming the bay etc. , but I am sure there will also be body work, ( There always is) You may not see it but a body man will. Color Changes are high b/c so time consuming. Why change?? They can bring it back with a sand and Clear buff polish etc. a whole lot cheaper. ??????? Put the savings in POWER! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.