Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to delete the egr but I also want the egr cooler gone. It seems pretty stupid to put all that load on the cooling system cooling hot exhaust for no reason.

I saw one thread that had a picture of a C&C with the egr cooler gone, very nice.

Has anyone done this successfully on a standard truck?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Have not done it yet. Shouldnt be very hard to do though. You will need 2 blocker plates along with a piece of hose to bypass the EGR cooler. Other then that you should be able to just unplug it, remove it and be done with it.

·
5,059 Posts
Yes, a 5.9 manifold fits.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Might be a stupid question but what would a new manifold do for you?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Does anyone have a blow up pic of the exhaust cooler and manifold? I want to remove the exhaust cooler also. I was not aware that there are two block off plates needed.

I have new gaskets and metal already to build my egr block off kit. Now I just need a bit more info to remove the exhaust cooler side of the egr system.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the new manifold simplify the egr cooler removal? Seems there would be no blocking plates needed. Will a new manifold connect to the turbo OK?

·
5,059 Posts
it fits the head but wont bolt up to the turbo
I was curious of that. The Truck PDI built has the 5.9 manifold but not the VGT. thanks Matt.

Rockwerx:

There is 2 ports that it connects to the exhaust manifold. One near the front and the other all the way to the rear.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I took everything off to the manifold. Waiting for exhaust from BADP and MP-8 from K2 I already have Edge on hopefully it will all work. My truck is a 07.5 4x4 dually I would like to put in truck pulls. Looking for more to stack and water meth, propane, or nitrous.

·
5,059 Posts
throw the bullydog on there and upgrade the fuel pump to a Fass or AIRDOG. You will need the fuel.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I think a clutch also what bullydog, Power pup

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Is that what you are running and did you get to a dyno yet? If all my parts come in time, they have dyno days here on the 6th at K&S Diesel.

·
5,059 Posts
I only run the 2 chips but i tried a Bully Dog Power Pup (Thanks Kevin) with it last weekend. It was crazy. I am getting on the dyno at the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
It had to have been the Power Pup, the Triple Dog doesn't work on the 6.7

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I was curious of that. The Truck PDI built has the 5.9 manifold but not the VGT. thanks Matt.

Rockwerx:

There is 2 ports that it connects to the exhaust manifold. One near the front and the other all the way to the rear.

Thanks for the info. I was only aware of the rear exhaust port on the eger cooler. My parts guy did not mention the second port. Do you know if the front port is the same size as the rear port? I ordered a gasket for the rear port. I just wanted to have a plate/plates and gaskets made up in case those parts fell off!

·
5,059 Posts
I believe they are the same. I havent gotten around to pulling mine off just yet.

·
Registered
723 Posts
haha comcowboy, this is what I was talking about earlier...we need these guys to build this kit for us, at a good price, everyone would be set then.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
There's a kit in the works for the cooler assembly:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 22 Posts