Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a new thread as we seem to have deviated off the original subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compcowboy
The insight shows a lot more information then the Attitude.

Really? What additional info?

I'm not getting a lot of specs for these units from the edge site. I guess because it is software and changes based on the vehicle and the software.

Can someone please confirm a couple of pieces of conflicting info I have received?

I have heard that Insight does have turbo timer and that it does not. Which is correct?

Can the Insight do the valet mode thing to limit speed and rpm when I let someone else in the truck?

In case it matters...this would be the info for a new unit purchased soon from Keven at his best good guy price installed in my truck (see sig line). (Read between the lines for request for PM for price.)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I don't have a lot of first hand knowledge as I have the Attitude but I do know that it does not have the turbo timer, only the Attitude does. It has more data logging capability than the Attitude. It also does not clear codes automatically on start-up, again only the Attitude does this.

You've also got a PM on the way.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
this is why I just bought my attitude instead of the MP8 and insight. I wanted the turbo timer.

BTW, Kevin is a good guy and promised not to tell my wife what I bought from him:)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Just doing my part to lower the divorce rate:lol3:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed! Keven is a good guy! Always on this forum providing us value and great prices too!

Thanks for the info thus far! The turbo timer (and valet mode too) seem like good reasons to go with the Juice w/ Attitude over the Insight. Especially if Keven will not tell my wife either.

I have heard reference to being able to connect a backup camera and GPS into the attitude. But I can't find this referenced on the edge site. Is this a supported enhancement or a hack someone can tell me how to do? What is the additional cost for these capabilities?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I believe what you are talking about was options with the A2 monitor on the other boxes. The Attitude is just a simple monitor. Insight will read out many of the little sensors to do with the DPF and EGR along with other Engine parameters.

·
Registered
267 Posts
:agree2: with cowboy the A2 has the camera/gps options not the attitude:peelout

·
Registered
723 Posts
Im pretty sure you need a building permit to add another square foot or 2 onto your dash to install the A2 as well....pretty sizeable compared to the attitude

1 - 8 of 8 Posts