Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a ISSPRO rail pressure gauge, and watching while i drive i dont know if what im seeing is normal???

Its a Ev2 Performax gauge, and it'll drop real suddenly when i get on it and then bounce back up to where i think it would sit. Cruising at 65 it sits about 18,000 and will dip all the way down to 9000-10,000 and then bounce back to 21,000 or 22,000. I've been running my Bully Dog Triple Dog on performance just as an FYI.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
736 Posts
I run a smarty so my setup is a little different. My RP gauge acts similarly, but doesn't dip as far as yours and it's also not quite as high at that speed. I'm at about 15k cruising 65 and it might dip to 12-13k before it jumps up to 20-24k depending on how hard I get on it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Bone stock for me and mine will stay at about the same RP and climb to about 23 24k when on it hard and only dip a little when hammering the throttle.. so seems normal to me, I think the more you have it turned up and the bigger injectors the more the RP will drop as the pump cannot keep up with the delivery.. someone please correct me if I have it wrong

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Idle=5-6k
Crusing 70=15k
WOT=25k+

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
These numbers all seem in line with what I have seen & heard. The more fuel you are suddenly calling for, the more it's going to dip!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Driving around on Stilts
1,729 Posts
Smarty TNT, Stage III Cp3, 200 sticks
Idle 4500-7000
70 MPH 12,000-15000
Full punch 27K +

It will increase and decrease at cruising speed with slight terrain changes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im knew to! the cr engine .. and ive been told you can blow stuff up with too much rail pressure so what is a safe number to stay under?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts