Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!!!

I have been shopping around for some reman. injectors for my truck and someone told me that there was no proper way to rebuild them yet! IS this true because I am about to get some from another place that sends them out to rebuild them, and from what they are telling me it sounds like they do a good job.. So I kinda dont know what to do at the moment...

If their is anyone reading this using reman. injectors on a 3rd Gen please let me know how they are doing for you..

Thanks..:thumbsup

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think i am close also.....From what i can tell, f1 flux is the way to go. There tips appear to be of higher quality than the stock tips that crack\and fail. I have heard of NO failures with these injectors.......ANY ONE OUT THERE THATS HAD F1;s FAIL....now would be a good time to tell us about it. there price is 1100.00 bucks plus 100.00 per injector rebuild, you may need none or all six????? But at the end out the day they wil last? I am leaning that way. my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John.. I have heard nothing but good things about F1's but right now I cannot afford the price of those I would love to have them but that's probably what I spend on fuel per month nowaday's:CRY:

Is there any other option...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Our House Of Power Dodge and Chevy injectors go to Schieds to be tested/repaired/remaned and then come back to get the EDM work done AFTER Schieds gets them back to 100%. So far we have had 1 set of injectors go out that had a defect. Knock on wood, I have yet to have a call back on any other injectors for failure or repair. Schied has the equipment to completely test the Dodge injectors, that is why they take care of all of our cores before any performance work is done on them.

·
Registered
521 Posts
good news

not to hi-jack the thread but Larry at DPP that is good news:thumbsup

I live right over the PA/WV border about 20 minutes from the Burgettstown exit of RT. 22, where is your shop in Pittsburgh?

I am thinking new injectors by end of summer once I see how much I blow on the family vacation in Nags Head, NC:CRY:

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
hes a great dude nutzio also i live here in clinton,pa close to ya but larry has his shop in baden,pa like close to big knog fair if you ever been there but just give him a ring he'll direct you in the right direction!!!

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Put new tips on at home. Just be EXTREME clean and take pictures of how come apart on first one. Injectors have no pop pressure to set.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Holy!!! Didn't even notice. At least I'm not the one who fired it up. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
355 Posts
At least no one can say he didn't search

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Talk about bringing back bad memories.. I went the reman route back then. It was horrible. The first set I got had the wrong nozzles installed, then after we exchanged for the correct injectors one nozzle got stuck open right after start up.. Didn't do any damage luckily..

However, after getting the sticking nozzle issue fixed I ran it like that for a year without issue and ended up buying brand new injectors.

And now I am looking to buy new injectors for my engine build but will definitely go with exergys..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts