Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the military and may move to Colorado Springs. Does Colorado Springs test diesel (emissions) every year? If so are there places that remove the emissions crap for a fee? Thanks

6.7 owner

·
Registered
395 Posts
no not every year if your truck is a newer truck you are exempt for a few years for right now. as far as removing emission stuff you are pretty much in your own it is a big fine if a shop gets caught doing that good luck when you coming to the springs?

·
Registered
117 Posts
in the spings. (ft. carson area) new trucks a exempt for a few years and then every other year after that. but if you register as a farm truck out in calahan or something then you don have to do emmissions. But since you are pcsing then keep it registered in where ever you are at and or at you HOR and not worry about it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
i am stationed at ft carson. the way around that is to keep your truck registerd at your home of record. if you do that you don't have to do the diesel emissions test in el paso county. the other reason to keep it registered out of state is because it is cheaper that what colorado will charge you. the wanted like 4 to 500 bucks just register my truck intially. but if ya have any questions just pm me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts