Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a couple of threads and got the impression that a block heater is standard equipment on all 2014 CTD's. Is the Cold Weather Group simply the wiring (and grill cover) from the block heater to the a/c plug? If so, is it pretty easy to install this wiring DYI on a CTD that does not have the Cold Weather Group? Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My 2013 Laramie didnt come with the cold weather group either. I purchased the block heater plug from Geno's Garage and installed myself. Its a pretty staight foward install . The block already has the heater element installed at the factory so you just plug the cord onto the element which is behind the oil filter. There are also some other threads showing the location for the plug and install.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2013 Laramie didnt come with the cold weather group either. I purchased the block heater plug from Geno's Garage and installed myself. Its a pretty staight foward install . The block already has the heater element installed at the factory so you just plug the cord onto the element which is behind the oil filter. There are also some other threads showing the location for the plug and install.
Blown Income, thanks for the info. Gonna be headin' north into Canada and Alaska in the future, so gotta have an operational block heater. Found a few '14 trucks optioned pretty close to what I want, but they didn't have the Cold Weather Group. It's good to know all I need to do is install the block heater "plug".

·
White Lightning
14,231 Posts
Reactions: mr.odis
1 - 4 of 4 Posts