Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Shouldnt new connector tubes be installed with new injectors?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Did you try retorquing your conector tubes? Your obviously loosing pressure somewhere. In colder temperatures your cranking speed slows down just enough to not build the minimum pressure your computer needs to see before it will fire the injectors. Even if your starter was worn out and not cranking as quick as it should, it should still start. Warmer temperatures or using either (not recommended) will allow your motor to crank faster thus building more rail pressure, then she'll start.

You're truck is doing the EXACT same thing my 03 did. I got a shop to change all injectors AND conector tubes and problem went away.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
That'll do it... so now is everything ok?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Then it would do it all the time...same as for the lift pump. I am almost certain you have a leak on the high pressure side. Mine acted the same exact way.

New connector tubes should be installed with new injectors. Your old connector tubes are formed to your old injectors on the ends where they seat on the injector. Therefor, your old connector tubes may not be seating properly against your new injectors. This will cause higher then normal return rates and cause a no start condition because the minimum Rail Pressure hasnt been acheived during cranking. This is more noticable in colder temperatures...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.