Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Heck if I know
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me dumb but lookin at the injen intake pic you can see where the sensor is mounted right on the intake (which is the MAS sensor????). Now look at the last pic of the K&N intake and I dont see were that sensor mounts?????????

·
Registered
247 Posts
How good are the Injen intakes?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Call me dumb but lookin at the injen intake pic you can see where the sensor is mounted right on the intake (which is the MAS sensor????). Now look at the last pic of the K&N intake and I dont see were that sensor mounts?????????

The sensor is under the little filter.

·
Heck if I know
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I googled the filter (K&N 57-1532) and from the pictures that I can find, I cant see were the sensor plugs in. Does any one have a pic of were it plugs into.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
It is an air temperature sensor. Gassers have mass airflow sensors.

The K&N is mounted in that tiny breather filter on the heat shield.

The Injen/AMSOIL intakes rock.

-Chuck

·
Heck if I know
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that would make sense, as to why there isnt a sensor plug on the intake and why there is a mini filter on the side.

Chuck I would love an INJEN but just cant swing the $$$$ right now. I found a used K&N for $160 shipped so Im going back and forth between saving for a while or getting the INJEN.

Anyone have a used INJEN they want to sell?????

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
The K&N intake tube isn't a bad setup. It is the filter that many have issues or concerns about. I've helped many guys put a better Nanofiber filter on their K&N intake tubes with great results.

-Chuck

·
Registered
236 Posts
How much does the injen run?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Seen them anywhere from $450-$600.

They look real good, but are crazy spendy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts