Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a volant cai enclosed unit with the powercore filtre it works very good but my warning indacator thing on my ceiling is telling me to service air filtre why is that do i need to have my truck flashed or is there a way that i can reset this

·
Registered
262 Posts
Are all of the sensor connections tight, just might be a loose connection causing the indicator to illuminate.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i double checked the sensors and there all good,its weird cause this morning it said system ok then when i started giving it some fuel and clibming upto 120kmh the warning came back but when i turned truck off and let sit ive taken truck out for another run down the highway and nothing system ok i dont no what to say

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
i double checked the sensors and there all good,its weird cause this morning it said system ok then when i started giving it some fuel and clibming upto 120kmh the warning came back but when i turned truck off and let sit ive taken truck out for another run down the highway and nothing system ok i dont no what to say
Some of the new intake systems cause this.

The computer see's that the amount of air that is need has changed.

The new filter is resticting the amount air needed. As you acclerated you need a lot of air.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what thats ok then or did i waste my 650 bucks for what i was told was a damn good unit,or is this all normal i just have to learn to live with it coming up every now and then

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I wouldnt say it is normal. I would talk to the manufacturer of the intake you bought or the vendor who sold it to you.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats the thing the vendor has no idea so there calling dodge tomorrow to see if there is a flash or something they have to do to make that go out,its just weird though the warning only comes on every now and then i dont no what to say

·
Registered
745 Posts
thats the thing the vendor has no idea so there calling dodge tomorrow to see if there is a flash or something they have to do to make that go out,its just weird though the warning only comes on every now and then i dont no what to say
I would exchange it if they would let you. Seems afe has been a pretty good choice with the 6.7. Had one on my qc 6.7 and plan to get one for my 08 mega I pick up on tuesday...can't wait!:hyper:

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
howz the afe in a dusty tarsand mine thats why i went with this one because of the way the powercore filtre works and holds more dust then the other ones

1 - 9 of 9 Posts