Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first cel. I have 5,000 miles on the trk. I read on here that u do the key thing 3 times. I just tryed that didn't see anything. Does the code # come up on the overhead??? This is my first cummins. thanks to anyone that can help out!!!!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
it comes up where the odometer is and make sure you turn the key to the start position 3 time with in 10 sec

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Some of the trucks will just flat not show the codes up like this for whatever reason. I have one such truck myself. I have never been able to read the codes like this.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think the emergency brake needs to be on. Not sure. A lot of times mine goes through the motions but only shows "done" on the odometer even though the CEL is lit. I bought a cheap code scanner at Walmart and that always works.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I just got back from the dealer. They pluged it in the code was p2262. Got to set up a app. on Tue. to take it in

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks for the input. I just got back from the dealer. They pluged it in the code was p2262. Got to set up a app. on Tue. to take it in
Welcome to the club, you're in good company. :beer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts