Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i check my truck for codes with my ignition,ive tryed turn ignition to on then off then to on then off then to on and got nothing how do i do this

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
ive had the CEL on lately, and i did the key turn thing and it didnt do anything. worked before, but not now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ive had the CEL on lately, and i did the key turn thing and it didnt do anything. worked before, but not now.
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be reliable. I've been throwing the p2262 code, but the off-on-off-on-off-on trick only sometimes shows the code. Most of the time it just shows dashes and then says done. Maybe it's just not an active code at the time. The Edge Insight or other monitor seems to show all the codes thrown since a clear.

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did it and these codes came up what do they mean p242f and p1451

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
the off-on-off-on-off-on trick only sometimes shows the code. Most of the time it just shows dashes and then says done. Maybe it's just not an active code at the time. The Edge Insight or other monitor seems to show all the codes thrown since a clear.
i agree with ya, especially on the off on off on. who knows....... might goto the dealer just to see....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts