Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys im having some issues with starting my 06, sounds like the battery is dead when trying to start ... my mods are in my sig... and im getting these codes P2509 (Power Down Data Lost) and P2609... checked them with my smarty.... any ideas what could be causing it...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
need some help guys....

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
P2609 (intake heater grid abnormal voltage drop).
P2509 (ECM/PCM Power Input Signal Intermittent).
p2509 happens when either 1 or both batteries are week or dead. check out your batteries for tight connections and look at ground and make sure its not grounding on something it souldn't, like positive

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i'll check it out. thanks

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
A failed right side battery is the most common reason for that 2509,there is also a flash for the trucks that get it with good batt's and wiring passes inspection

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
everything seems to be in check with the right side battery.... however my voltmeter gauge really seems to be fluxuating.?? any ideas what could be causing that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any new ideas?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'd take a look at the alternator if the volt guage is fluctuating.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Find a copy of tsb 18-001-07 .......................

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Fried battery... and if you dont have a heater delete listed I'm going to assume you still have the stock system in there.... I would assume you have a short somewhere and I'd begin with the Intake heater system.

I had a similar problem but it ws my fault, shorted the battery to the body when I put on a quick connect booster cable kit... bracket I mad ended up pinchin the +pos lead had the same symptoms you had...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what could have happened with the heater grid? i think that might be the problem. because you can tell when its cycling that it seems to really be draining the battery... could it have been something with my ATS intake manifold?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have seen the grid heaters using 90 amps.The 06 and up do not use a ground cable for the heaters but ground through the conductive gaskets.Make sure the bolts are corrosion free and torqued properly

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what would be the proper torque reading for the grid heater bolts? will this problem be eliminated if I were to buy a grid heater delete?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
IIRC 18ftlbs

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
could the right side battery just all of a sudden go bad? cuz it was good one day, then it seems the next time i tried to start it, this problem came up....?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The only way to know is to test it.........

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have the same code but my grid heater doesnt shut off. I kinda need it to work and dont want to unplug it, would a bad relay keep it on? And where is the relay for it.

this is on an 07 not the truck in the sig

·
Registered
118 Posts
2509?

I have had a check engine light on for awhile, and never really thought much about it, but I got a SMARTY a couple days ago and started running it on #3. Truck is running great except it keeps dying for a split second in the middle of driving for no apparent reason. Checked my DTCs and 0483 and 2509 showed up. Probably unrelated, but I think the latter is causing my problem. I set her back to stock, but wont drive it until I head to work tomorrow and see if it does it again. I think the intake heater is likely place to start, I installed an intake horn last year, but haven't really checked it out since then. Any other thoughts?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts