Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed 51k miles and have a Smarty Jr.(2500 miles ago) and last night coming home from San Diego in nasty crawling traffic the MIL light went on... Checked the Smarty Jr and got those two codes.

I have searched the threads and have everything from bad batch of fuel to seriously deep sh!t.

Anyone else care to weigh in on this? All help much appreciated!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
P1451 I think is the dpf system performance it is a code usually that has to be cleared with a star scan and do you have the egr and dpf delete if not that Is your problem if your running a programer on stock exhaust it's gonna clog up easily and more often due mainly to idling for a long period of time but not always but the 1451 is usually cause when it tries to regen and it can't so it will go into limp mode soon and then you will definatly need to have the dpf cleaned or deleted so it will not happen again and I'd update your smarty

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P1451 I think is the dpf system performance it is a code usually that has to be cleared with a star scan and do you have the egr and dpf delete if not that Is your problem if your running a programer on stock exhaust it's gonna clog up easily and more often due mainly to idling for a long period of time but not always but the 1451 is usually cause when it tries to regen and it can't so it will go into limp mode soon and then you will definatly need to have the dpf cleaned or deleted so it will not happen again and I'd update your smarty
Yeah, I took the program back to stock and dropped it off at the dealer. The dealer said that I needed an ECM flash that was under a recall and they think that should solve the issue but it does have to be cleared with a starscan for sure.

If I didn't live in Cali I would delete for sure but I think they are building prison camps here for people who they decide are polluting mother earth.

Thanks for the help and I'll let you guys know the outcome in a day or so...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should be under warranty, take it back as they replaced my DPF... it would have been ~$2700 w/o warranty.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
hello everyone. im new to this forum. im having the same 2 codes come up on my truck. what did you do to fix these. any updates.
Did you really not read the answer listed above? :doh:

DPF clogged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts