Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, installed BADP 5", edge and afe a month ago, have not seen a code, installed the MP-8 last week, all of the sudden my cat is full and throwing p1011 (low fuel pressure)? what did I do? Oh, on the plus side, runs great and got 19 hand calc doin 75-80 haulin the harley through the siskyous

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and to add insult, the cat full mesage keeps showing up... did this just at the start of a 1200 mile trip from home, not great timing, can't exactly put back to stock to take in to dealer....

·
Registered
497 Posts
where you pulling a trailer? my mp-8 did the samething when i hada load on it.. it went away, after like three or four run cycles. the cat full mesg. went away when i restarted the truck. i hadsame code some other have had that prob. too..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no trailer, just bike in the back... Edge clears the codes on startup, but every slight hill I go up.....check engine, then a little bit later.... ding ding cat full

·
Registered
497 Posts
i had the samething on the hills.. did it both time i have went throught the mnts. with a load only a harley is pretty heavy .. you have the edge? my cat full mesg can come up hours after the cel comes on how bout you?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would try turning the MP-8 down and see if that helps. If not then maybe do a quick unplug of it and disconnect it. I am actually thinking the connection may be loose. Either that or the shimmed fuel relief valve has slipped apart a little.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone, yes, edge clears the codes, but keeps coming back,
Will try that cowby, thanks...
Funny thing, I installed just the plug i bought by mistake, and had no issues, problems only started After I shimmed the valve,

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
If thats the case then the issue is in the FRV. When you get a change pop it out and take a look at it. It may have just slipped from not being peened well enough the second time. I cant imagine its missing parts, you wouldnt run at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts