Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what code P1693 means

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
anyone know what code P1693 means
Simple!

There is 2 computers on these trucks ECM (Engine Control Module) and PCM (Powertrain Control Module). When one or both modules get a error it will put a P1693 in the opposite controller to notify you that the other module has a problem.

So basically all it means is that either one or both modules have error codes...:w:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so a manual transmission truck has a pcm???

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
so a manual transmission truck has a pcm???
Yes sir... It does... The PCM controls several other sub systems like your gauge cluster, torque management (1st and 2nd gear on a manual trans), etc... It mounted on the firewall behind the air filter box on the passenger side...:w:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh ok...I understand...so this code could be because of another code...I got a code for the crank sensor...yesterday...but CEL went out..I'm changing the sensor today..

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
There is a bunch of conditions the computer must follow to shut off the CEL or erase error codes... The rest of the information is here...

OBD II Error Codes

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks bunch....explains many things..changed CSPS and all is good..

·
Registered
182 Posts
just installed a quad adrenaline and i now have the following codes 0500,1693,0522,0237 i know that the 0522 is the oil pressure sending unit and that the 0237 is most likley form the smoke switch but not sure. but why would the 0500 be there i have never had this code before i had the programer is this from the quad. any help on making all these codes dissapear would be great.

·
Registered
182 Posts
which code did he get

·
Registered
182 Posts
the 1693 code means that there is a code in both the computers. but what does the 0500 code from?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts