Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
I had this code pop up as well a few weeks ago. Took it to the dealer for oil change and check the codes. They came back with some Pxxx codes. Go figure!! Not sure how one scanner read as a U code and dealer showed as a P code.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I had this code pop up as well a few weeks ago. Took it to the dealer for oil change and check the codes. They came back with some Pxxx codes. Go figure!! Not sure how one scanner read as a U code and dealer showed as a P code.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It all depends on the scan tools capability to read DTC's.
The only scan tool that is known to read 100% of the system
data is the dealer tool. Other tools are limited by the rights they
purchase to system access.

Snap-On and AutoEnginuity are probably highest on the coverage list.
Cheap $50 readers won't cover much beyond the required emission DTC
data and you really need to watch out for incorrect code definition from these
cheap tools. Even Snap-On and AE get it wrong sometimes. Dealer data is 100%

·
Registered
4 Posts
U3017 Engine Control Timer/Clock performance

According to the Dodge Service in Temecula, CA, there is a service bulletin regarding this specific code and other codes.
Also applies to specific VINs due to false MIL indicator light illumination.

So they correct the issue by updating and eliminating the old program, and adding the new one.

There is a 4-page service bulletin numbered: 18-053-14 REV. B dated December 18, 2014. I would have added the link but I cannot obtain it when I click on the link. It instead downloads right away.

I hope this helps others.

Ralph

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Sometimes when you key on all the modules power up but one might be slower to boot up and it will set a code. Abnormal update rate of sorts. The check engine light would have went out on its own after 3 heat cycles. Clear it and put it in the wind, nothing to worry about. If it was active or that module was dead you would have things that don't work. Specialy a body control module

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had this come up two days ago. My ‘old’ OBD II reader would not connect, so got a cheap, well recommended one off Amazon. It pulled the code and then I reset it. 2014 Ram 3500 6.7l

21 - 25 of 25 Posts