Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 6.7L 2500 with only 7K on it. It doesn't get used much and when it does it's only short trips. The check engine light cam on and I had it scanned. The code p226b is the code which means turbo boost pressure too high. Is there a way I can take care of this without going to the dealer? The warranty ran out last year. I have been reading on this forum about using the engine brake and running it hard.

·
It's Cummins not Cummings
249 Posts
Yep your turbo nozzle ring is sticking from soot build up. This is the code before the dreaded P2262 code. If it gets clogged bad enough you will need a new turbo. Get 'er out on the highway. I had the same code come up awhile back, took it to the dealer and it passed their test. Long story short they shrugged their shoulders and said nothing was wrong. I went home and ordered deletes and never had another issue. I would try using Startron diesel fuel treatment first. I put two onces in every fill up and it seems to keep things clean. If your are stock you really need to run it and always use the exhaust break.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts