Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys i have a little problem. my truck recently has the check engine light on and it displays code p1223 and reaches speeds over 60 mph and the wait to start light turns on and it beeps and flash at the same time for ten times its annoying, also it gives me code p0148 fuel delivery error and took it to dealer as well and they checked everything from fuel pump to lift pump, leaks, fuel filter, fuel quality, injectors etc etc and said nothing wrong with it. can somebody whose has had the same problem please give me a hand? its an 06 with the 5.9 in it. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the p0148 code once.problem was a loose connecter tube from the injector line to the injector

Sent from my Evo using
AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
271 Posts
Had P0148 myself, retorqued injector tubes and no problem since.
Dealerships are next to useless when it comes to working on Diesels.
Do a search and you will find all the info you need for this fix. Best thing is that it does not cost any money, so if it's not the fix you need all you are out is a couple of hours of your time, and you know for sure that the problem is not your tubes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Had same issue replaced lift pump with a airdog 100 and haven't had an issue since... Mine would start surging after 3rd gear but will have my injectors tubes checked out going to get u-joints installed wed I'll have it looked at by reputable mechanic because the fella above is correct dodge mechanics are natorious for just wanting to start replacing stuff do to lack of knowledge that's why it's best to have someone who know these trucks inside and out 9 times out of 10 it's a common prob that is known by someone who has knowledge of these motors

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
36 Posts
Help please, I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 cummins. Has no tuning right now had the Bullydog PMT on it until August of this year 2014 my truck freaked out and would not start so I ready that bullydog could help yes they did got the truck running again. So here is the problem I am getting a P0148 fuel delivery code. Had my CP3 tested all is good AirDog is pumping strong. Took my truck to Dealer had computer and tpm re flashed. Now code is back also the p1223 code and wait to start light is on. My truck is not building oil so any advice would help thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the p0148 code on my truck and took me forever to trace out. My truck was very sluggish and sounded like it was loping at idle. Ended up being my FCA. Replaced it but 2 days later had same problem. Water in the fuel caused all my problems and after flushing whole system, replacing FCA again, no problems. As far as I know, the P0148 code is a broad code for fuel delivery issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.