Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body had this code. p051c crankcase pressure sensor circuit low. The only thing I have noticed is while pulling a hill it had knid of a hiccup like it cut out just a split second.

·
Registered
49 Posts
had the same exact symptoms, while pulling a long steep hill this happened 3 times barking the turbo each time like I chopped the throtle quickly. Took it to the dealer first they blamed my Flashpaq, couldn't duplicate said didn't have any codes. This happened just 4 days after drill/tap/clean & new dpf. I now have a brand new turbo and no problems YET.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah and the bad part is eveytime I have a code come up in my truck, By the time i get it to the dealer no code stored or active. So they act like Im crazy

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just changed my ccv filter due to code saying to do so. Also cleaned the pressure sensor behind the filter with brake fluid and a q-tip cause the change ccv filter code and another (ccv filter restriction) was still present after new install was done.

Now I have the code saying crankcase pressure sensor low and can't clear it.

Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Anyone have any insight?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,903 Posts
Just changed my ccv filter due to code saying to do so. Also cleaned the pressure sensor behind the filter with brake fluid and a q-tip cause the change ccv filter code and another (ccv filter restriction) was still present after new install was done.

Now I have the code saying crankcase pressure sensor low and can't clear it.
Did you go through the procedure to reset the over head? Are you positive that you got the sensor remated correctly when it was reinstalled? It is possible that when you were probing in there with the q tip that you damaged the resistive element on the sensor so now it'll read incorrectly. Any pressure sensors or mass air flow sensors I always uses MAF Sensor Cleaner from Murray's or O-Reilly's and never try to actually touch them with anything unless you suspect you already have a problem with the sensor. Just spray the hell out of it and let the solvent do it's job.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks Kurt. I'll give it another look through

1 - 8 of 8 Posts