Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with BADP and they said the code free kits will be ready to start shipping May 26. They did not know an exact price on the kits just yet.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I got a e-mail from them yesterday and was told when my order shipps on May 1st it will still have the 1st gen box with it, and the code free box would cost me $275 after May 26th.

·
Registered
207 Posts
so you bought a non code free kit...and they are willing to sell you the new box for 275 more than you paid for your original kit? damn.

·
Registered
733 Posts
yea I guess thats the way it works. I think the box they have now is throwing some soft codes, and the Edge will clear them out. The box they will have by the end of May should not throw any codes and therefore the Edge or other computer won't be needed. Thats my understanding....am I correct for those of you guys that already have the BADP delete kit?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I guess we still have awhile to wait.:popcorn:

:hyper::hyper::$::$::woot::woot:

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
i am running one of there beta test code free kits. Its in no way close to being simple like there other kit. I am surprise that it does not cost any more than the additional 275 after trade in. also this kit is not the kit that they will be using. its the software from my understanding that we are testing on my truck. I dont get any over head message but i have gotten a performance code on a egt sensor. But this is the whole point of testing it is to see what happens on various trucks.

I figure if you can afford a $40k truck and 4.50 for diesel a person can afford a 500 or 600 unit. If a person can not afford 1500 out of the pocket for a kit but a person afford a 40k dollar truck you really cant afford a 40k dollar truck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hey matt pop I'm really only interested in one thing....Is this new box getting better mileage then the original box?

look guys I know you want a code free box and can't justify the extra money but if you don't want to spend that kinda money then just stick with the original box. I'm sure your going to be able to pick up one of the original boxs and maybe at a discount price with the amount of them going back to BADP.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I figure if you can afford a $40k truck and 4.50 for diesel a person can afford a 500 or 600 unit. If a person can not afford 1500 out of the pocket for a kit but a person afford a 40k dollar truck you really cant afford a 40k dollar truck.
:$: Amen brother :$:

·
Banned
722 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just did my dpf delete myself...$2.99 potentiometer (radio shack) free flexpipe & flange. SYSTEM OK:hyper:
I'm pretty sure I will get a cel, since I've only got 50 mi or so on it.

Will the new cab & chassis kit be ready too?:popcorn:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I ordered my 5" TBE duals on Tuesday. Said I should have it next week. They said I might have one of the code free units, depending on what happens with them, but not expecting it to be in there since there was no extra cost. But I already have the edge, so I'm not worried.

·
Registered
179 Posts
be interesting to see who has the code free unit first. sounds kind of like the IPD aproach. It's on its way...

NOT!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
CFNibertCC, Can you give us a little more detail on the DIY dpf delete that was just completed?

Potentiometer??

Flexpipe and flange??

How 'bout pics?

·
Registered
187 Posts
The DIY dpf delete far as anyone knows so far only works on the C&C, its actually quite simple, ive had mine for about 7000 miles, i do have a CEL but it runs better than ever and no skimp a limp modes either.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i am probably just going to keep my first gen box....the edge clears the codes anyway so I would rather use the $275 on beer lol

·
Registered
733 Posts
What codes are come up with the DPF delete? I'm waiting for my BADP 5" kit. Will I still be able to use the overhead display for mileage and trip info, or is that where the codes are displayed? I do have the Edge set to code clear. I'm anxious and nervous about junking the exhaust and tossing the warranty.

·
Banned
722 Posts
What codes are come up with the DPF delete? I'm waiting for my BADP 5" kit. Will I still be able to use the overhead display for mileage and trip info, or is that where the codes are displayed? I do have the Edge set to code clear. I'm anxious and nervous about junking the exhaust and tossing the warranty.

Consider ur warrenty tossed!!!!!!!:rof:rof

·
Registered
331 Posts
Diver its already tossed with all those mods you have already unless you find a dealer that you can take it all off with and they will honor it. Codes do not pop up on the overhead. When you throw a code you will get the check engine light (CEL). That means you will have a code stored. Only way to see the code is to use the edge or turn your ignition off/on three times and it will show it in the odometer display. Only time the overhead shows something is when you get the "cat full" percentages. Dont worry about the overhead it will still work.

·
Registered
733 Posts
thanks for the info. Where do you find what the code numbers mean in layman terms? So far I have never seen any CEL's or anything, but I guess that will change as soon as the dpf delete kit arrives.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Go to the 6.7 powertrian forum and at the top there is a sticky thread that lists all the codes. Thread is called. dodge DTC's.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts