Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Code:2509 Please help

1407 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BlueBeastCTD4x4
2509: ECM/PCM power input signal intermittent. What does that mean guys? It happens after I clear codes before start up, also it's every first start up of the day w/the dash lighting bolt. Please help thx guys.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,521 Posts
9 out 10 times it's a bad battery.

· Registered
5,521 Posts
You either have a weak battery or one of the battery connections is corroded. I had mine replaced after 1 year.

· Registered
117 Posts
Are you sure? Because I thought these batteries are suppose to last longer than 3 yrs.
Good luck on that one. Most only last a little over 2. I had to replace both this fall. A word of advice replace as a set.

· Registered
5,521 Posts
AC Delco makes some real good ones. I believe they are 850 CCA. Check yours first unless you already did. Let us know if that is your problem. How many miles are on your truck? Thay fall under the 3/36 warranty.

· Registered
183 Posts
I got the cheap one from walmart and it fixed my 2509. And Walmart also has a 3 year replacement warranty and a 108 month pro-rated warranty...hard to beat!

I think you'd be hard pressed to find many 07's with good factory batteries, they're junk!

· Registered
283 Posts
I had the same exact problem. Replaced my batteries with 2 new interstate batteries and the problem went away. Both my old batteries tested fine with the volt meter but the truck didn't like them.

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AC Delco makes some real good ones. I believe they are 850 CCA. Check yours first unless you already did. Let us know if that is your problem. How many miles are on your truck? Thay fall under the 3/36 warranty.
Just an update. Swap out the old batteries and truck works fine now i guess that was the problem. Voltage on old battery tested fine but i guess it was just to old. I bought the Kirkland brand from Costco w/850 crank start $75 each.Thanks guys for all your help.:thumbsup:

· Registered
5,521 Posts
That's a good price on batteries. Glad to see you have the problem fixed:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.