Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hows it going guys?well i raced my brothers 99 FORD MUSTANG COBRA-SALEEN convertible with full exhaust,intake,and predator tuned with my dodge and i was surprised!!all i have is whats on my SIG and Smarty REVO TNT was on level 7 with #3 timing and tranny is slipping after 3200-3500rpm range..2wd the whole time!!

1st we did a roll at around 30 and he pulled on me,though i was right with him.and the truck wants to light them up even on a role in 2wd.my front bumper was at his rear bumper so pretty close race

2nd pull he was infront of me on a roll and i punched it to pass him yet stayed in the same lane,he didnt even touch me that run :butt:

3rd run was from a dead stop..3 honks and we went off,he got me right off the line cus the truck kept fishtailing though i was with on his bumper still!i imagine if i had it 4hi how he woulda seen me pass his :butt:!!haha,though that run was the best cus my truck started pullng on him from 65-110

though at the end RACE is a RACE,WIN is a WIN!!though he was complaining after he got home,saying he had his A/C on and that Traction Control makes him lose 30% shifting or something like that..all i said to him,was that his A$$ was going to be mine after i get the future mods and for a 3800lb car versus our heavy 6-7K lbs trucks we are damn quick
thanks guys for listening in on the story

·
Registered
555 Posts
Congrats, but FYI that genre Mustang isn't exactly "fast". In stock trim (which would be faster than the bloated Saleen convertible even with mods) they ran right around 14.0 @ 100 mph. The Cobras were faster, but disappointingly, not by a whole heck of a lot. Don't get me wrong, that's not "slow" and would be mighty impressive for a mildly tweaked truck, but don't get the idea that the Saleen (unless boosted) is anything out of the ordinary. They're usually slower because of the added weight and appearance crap.

Also I'm pretty sure the A/C would cut out at WOT so it should be a non-issue. And why in the world did he have the traction control on?? What a goon! ;)

Tommy
(ex-Mustanger)

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah.im a EX MUSTANGER!!my person experience,i had a 04 cobra svt 6 speed with a F1 procharger and did that thing run!i have no clue though about the 99-01,he use to have a procharger on his and had a 351 in place of the 281,though swapped back after gas raised..i know the cobra is 4V DOHC and the GT is 2V SOHC..so yeah,and plus i know my far share about mustangs,though i would think he should have got me big time,and he can bang threw that 5 speed pretty darn fast!!though im impressed still with what my cummins does

1 - 3 of 3 Posts