Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess my pressure plate is out, but not for sure. I have a stg 2 centerforce thats suppose to be rated 450hp 1000tq. I have everything on my sig. minus the 100hp sticks cause i bought 200hp injectors but havent put them on until i get a turbo. So, what should i do? I can spin my clutch with my adr. on pl02. I havent had that clutch but a matter of maybe 6 months. Ive never been down the 1/4 mile or hooked to a sled. The abuse it gets is here and there on the street when someone puffs a lil coal at me or a rice rocket revs up. I tow just here and there. So should i tear into the one i have and try to salvage it or go with something bigger and badder. Funds are a lil tight right. :$:

·
Registered
21 Posts
sound like u aint got enough clamp pressure call centerforce they have warantied a clutch for me before

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Ditch that POS centerforce crap.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Buy a Double Disk and forget about it

·
Banned
4,288 Posts
The DD is truely the way to go, but if funds are tight you can call Peter at Southbend clutch & see if he can rebuild the centerforce to a southbend FE or OFE. He rebuilt my old LUK cerametallic & It got installed in my brothers truck. The OFE is unbelieveable how smooth it is & I've run his truck around all week, can't slip it with RV275's, Adrenaline on kill.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just replaced mine with a valair kevlar and ceranic . my stage II was a piece of junk never raced or 3 gear burn out . pulled a trailer may 4 times a year. look like the weights slide to one side and slipped away had it for two years and had only 3000 miles on it

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
My DD is alot smoother than my con fe,and you can do burnouts with it and not melt the clutch

·
Registered
2 Posts
southbends can get lil pricey, but A LOT of people swear by them. i just put a kenny's pulllin parts dual disc in mine. im still usin the stock hydros with it too. i got it alot cheaper than anyone else i could find too. he really knows his stuff from what i could tell. if ya interested in it pm me and ill giv u the info. but ive heard u cant go wrong with southbend, they have different types for different needs. u lookin to sled pull with it or jus drive it?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im lookin for a clutch i dont have to worry about anymore. It needs to handle every day driving, here and there towin, and a lil drag racing

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
southbends can get lil pricey, but A LOT of people swear by them. i just put a kenny's pulllin parts dual disc in mine. im still usin the stock hydros with it too. i got it alot cheaper than anyone else i could find too. he really knows his stuff from what i could tell. if ya interested in it pm me and ill giv u the info. but ive heard u cant go wrong with southbend, they have different types for different needs. u lookin to sled pull with it or jus drive it?

IMO Southbend is the best in the market, Peter has been doing it for years and makes some very good products :thumbsup. Give Peter a call, it may be a little more now but well worth the investment in the long run :thumbsup.

·
Registered
278 Posts
so how much the DD's run? i know my truck has a heavier clutch its prolly got something similar to what u have with the mods ive done to it im spinning clutch in 6th gear on level 5 sometimes even in 5th gear if i dont roll into it nice. kinda disapoints me i had plans for a few more mods and was hoping to not need a clutch but if i dont swap to an auto im gunna have to.

·
Registered
801 Posts
if funds are tight, give dan a call at valair. I got a great deal on a 550hp clutch from valair. Lots cheaper than a SB, im not ragging on SBC. I know everybody loves them, but valair has great customer service and an equally great clutch for the money that will handle everything youll throw at it. I can get you the number of a dealer than can get you one on the cheap side of things. Just shoot me a pm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts