Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought the smarty SR,NOT YET INSTALLED. I wouldlike to be able to run all 10 levels truoble free.i have a 05 610, afe stage II , cfm horn, 5" turbo back and proper gauges,also i run a six speed , :$: my main concern is my clutch . i dont figure it can handle every thing the smarty has to offer, with my old gas rods a always had a clutch built here local , new ball game here. :woot: need to know what all i need to do to completely enjoy the smarty trouble free . :peelout if i need a new clutch i would need one that is very driveable and you dont have to fight it during rush hour traffic ,ANY OTHER UPGRADES THAT MAY BE NEEDED, PLEASE FEEL ME IN , IM OPEN FOR ALL SUGESTIONS:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Since your truck is a '05 which 6spd do you have? The NV5600 or the newer G56? The NV clutch is a little more forgiving than the G56 when it comes to power.
Either way South Bend and Valair makes excellent clutches. For driveability stick with the OFE style of clutches.

And you will probably need a bigger lift pump so you won't drain the rail at the higher levels.

MikeyB

·
Registered
648 Posts
look at POWERPARTSegineering.com i as well as a bunch of my buddies have them in our trucks. they are better than any clutch out there, and you can have terry build it to your spec and application.

·
Registered
674 Posts
get a sprung hub dual disk , they are best for drivability

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since your truck is a '05 which 6spd do you have? The NV5600 or the newer G56? The NV clutch is a little more forgiving than the G56 when it comes to power.
Either way South Bend and Valair makes excellent clutches. For driveability stick with the OFE style of clutches.

And you will probably need a bigger lift pump so you won't drain the rail at the higher levels.

MikeyB
its the NV5600 {reverse is high right } im i correct?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what is the best lift pump for this application? and allso what are we looking at cost on a clutch and lift pump

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
I have a Valair Dual Disk, Holds great and is fine for daily driving.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
what is the best lift pump for this application? and allso what are we looking at cost on a clutch and lift pump
Ya, you have the NV5600. Airdog 100 is probably your best option for lift pump if you don't plan on many more mods afterwards, if not airdog 150. they're 500 bucks..

a clutch could run from 1500-2000+ depending what you go with.. IMO a CON OFE from south bend will be good for you.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
i have a Southbend clutch dual disc that has great street manners for everyday driving and towing. and also will hold everything i can throw at it. including the new TNT-R smarty tune! :peelout

·
Lifetime Premium Member
1,894 Posts
my southbend is a dual disk sprung hub, 1 disk is feramic and one is ceramic on a 3850 lb pressure plate... and im gonna tell ya what it has yet to slip and it holds like concrete...lol i have yet to slip it at all, id say South Bend all the way... oh btw all southbend clutches are sfi approved

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a Southbend clutch dual disc that has great street manners for everyday driving and towing. and also will hold everything i can throw at it. including the new TNT-R smarty tune! :peelout
tnt-smarty tune? what all does that consist of . kind of taking my own persanal poll on clutches , and geting some great feedback so keep it coming. so far southbend is winning

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my southbend is a dual disk sprung hub, 1 disk is feramic and one is ceramic on a 3850 lb pressure plate... and im gonna tell ya what it has yet to slip and it holds like concrete...lol i have yet to slip it at all, id say South Bend all the way... oh btw all southbend clutches are sfi approved
pretty green here. SFI approved? how big of loads have you pulled and how about around town?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
any more info?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts