Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys im a total newb when comes to dodges and diesels. I picked up my first 08 cummins last week ive got 1200 miles on it and its a 6spd manual. Yesterday i got in my truck to go to the store and it seemed like the clutch wasnt grabbing as early as i had been, but it still drives fine. is that normal? Is there a break in period for the clutch? Thanks

fannin

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Seems some of the clutches are weaker then others. Yours shouldnt have any problems though with a stock truck. 200 miles break in should be plenty.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My clutch hasn't changed how it feels in the 6 months I've owned the truck. If you really feel a big difference something might be wrong. The only issue I have is some vibration in the pedal when shifting at higher revs. I checked out a new truck on the lot and it did it too so I guess it's a characteristic of the clutch/flywheel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just bought an '08 QCSB 2500 4X4 6-speed, have about 1500 miles on it. I haven't noticed any change in the engagement of the clutch at all since new.

I agree with Dale_K, if there's a big difference in how it engages there might be a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts