Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking at clutchs but cant decide on a single or a dual with whats in my sig ive free spinning the stock ive heard valiar and south bend but dont no whats for me

·
Vendor
8,717 Posts
We can answer your questions. A single is going to shift a little faster. a dual will hold more power and likely require an upgraded heavy duty hydraulics. DD will last longer. Cost difference is about $400 with the hydraulics.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I love my dual disc 3600 southbend, with the upgraded hydros the clutch is pretty easy on pedal pressure and will hold most of what most of us guys will do on power. Easy engagement ad smooth take off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
248 Posts
I say dual street with organic disc from Valair

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
How does he need a dual disc for his power lvl? He at like maybe 400HP at best at WOT and no mention of towing heavy. I still say single hands down.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would say it depends where you wanna take your project in the future. I have a single disk right now by sb. Shifts great holds decent but I wished I would have went with the dd. IMHO if your gonna continue to build the truck a little more yeah a single will hold. But a guy like me likes to hit the track every now and again. This single does not hold boost launches and if I want to brake stand it, I have to have a rolling start. Otherwise stay single it shifts very nicely and will hold up to the 500
Range

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
8,717 Posts
some people want to sled pull... for them a dd is a good option. for most people a single is more cost effective, but does not allow as much room to grow if hp needs change. If big HP is not in your future go single.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
more horse power is on the way when the funds get there i do to bout 10 -15 k on occasion and drag and sled pull but the reason i ask i dont want to have to buy two or three more if you get me i want one that will run a long time it wasnt till i put my injectors in that i fried my stock one with 230 on the odometer

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no cant do that not going to pull till i will be competitive i no i dont have many horse but clutch is next on the list since i cant even get on it with out it slipping and no sense in going ahead and buying a turbo if i cant even really use it

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and when i say sled pull maybe once or twice a year nothing really to many times just want to have a nice fast dd and have a clutch that i dont have to replace twice a year not loooking to go aall out in this truck either something like 550 horse maybe a lil more

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so basically even with more power add is more capable than a single right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.