Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys do any of ya run or have heard of Luk clutches?

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Yup. Stock type replacement. If I were to pull my clutch I would still put a Valair or SB in though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. Stock type replacement. If I were to pull my clutch I would still put a Valair or SB in though.
You think it will hold up or is it just not worth trying?

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
You think it will hold up or is it just not worth trying?
Totally depends on what you do with your truck, and what you want to do with it down the road.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Totally depends on what you do with your truck, and what you want to do with it down the road.
Well Im shooting 4 330 hp 750 tq so I think Luk makes a Gold series that will hold that....Whats the opions in up grading to a 13in clutch?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Umfortunately, I don't know anything about the LUK clutches and I've never had a stock one. I went straight to a sbc ofe 13incher and 1-3/8 input when i swapped in my 5-speed. Compared to my first car, It was a very grabby clutch until it was broke in. Now after about 15,000 miles, its a pretty nice clutch do drive with. I do know that I cant slip it unless I'm trying very hard (launching at 3000rpms in 4th gear...don't ask) I'm at about the same level you're wanting to be at. Hope you got something out of my rambling post.

·
Registered
368 Posts
im runnen that gold clutch they said it was for the plow trucks but i wonder after i burnd up the stock one i went cheep:doh: and bought a napa clutch and it was gone within a year it was gone i wish i would of put the south bend in the first time but the luks gold seems to be holding had for a year or so but some days it feels like another 20 horse and its done

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im runnen that gold clutch they said it was for the plow trucks but i wonder after i burnd up the stock one i went cheep:doh: and bought a napa clutch and it was gone within a year it was gone i wish i would of put the south bend in the first time but the luks gold seems to be holding had for a year or so but some days it feels like another 20 horse and its done
ok thanks guys..Whats the advantage of the 13in clutch?..mines getting hard to go in gear I think my clutch slave cylinder is going out or needs to b bled..

·
Registered
432 Posts
ok thanks guys..Whats the advantage of the 13in clutch?..mines getting hard to go in gear I think my clutch slave cylinder is going out or needs to b bled..
The 13" has more frction surface so can handle the same torque with less peddle effort or more torque with the same peddle efford and so on. I plan on puting a 13" in mine as soon as I get the rest of the parts for my conversion.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got the SB con-OFE 13" and LOVE it. I have had no problems with it. It's very stout. No slippage whatsover even with 4x4 2nd gear launches for races and 3rd gear 3000 rpm launches for rubber burning :headbang:

·
Banned
560 Posts
Sounds like you need the Valair 6spd Conversion Organic/Feramic :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts