Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got a Valair? Man I've heard lots of bad stuff about those. I don't know if it's just guys putting a bad rep on something they havn't heard of or what? I see a lot of those on ebay at a great price. But as my mama has always told me you get what you pay for, lol. Anyways are you truly happy with that product.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
If you get what you pay for Ive got some primeland in Florida at low tide Ill sell ya. So do you hear the bad stuff from the people that have them or the ones that paid too much?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I'll trade you for that Florida propertie for the ocean front I've got here in Buckeye Arizona. I don't know who I heard it from. It was just guys talking? I see them all the time on ebay, and I was thinkin about them but just don't know anyone personaly I can trust to tell me "hell yhea get that mother sucker, I can't make it slip if I wanted too." I still have the orginal clutch in my truck just broke 274K, yes orginal. Don't belive it? I personaly know all 4 owners of the truck and have all records of the truck since new. But I'm the only one to put the juice to it. So now I'm lookin for a clutch. I'd like to stay with the 13" and not down grade to the 12.25". I can have my flywheel turned for 65$. So a clutch is coming in very soon.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm running a Valair 13" ceramic in my truck, I'm very happy with it. Dan is a good guy to deal with. I called him twice after I installed mine to ask him some questions about some stuff and he got back to me quickly with the answers I needed.

I got the clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, and 2 bearings for a little more than half the price of a comparable South Bend. I know South Bend are great clutches, but I had a hard time paying $1100 for a single disk clutch :$:

Chris

Edit: here is a link to my install and stuff...

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/89-93-powertrain/48625-new-clutch.html

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright I just may give it a try. I have been reluctant on the product, because of some guys syaing soutbend or nothing. Thanks guys for all of the info.

·
Registered
661 Posts
yea man i feel ya i need i clutch pretty bad but south bends are so much money! but thats what most every body says "go south bend" im thinking about valair too

·
Registered
287 Posts
I went valair got 1'000 miles on it so far with no problems no slip when wot

·
Registered
661 Posts
where did you get it from?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Pm Jbarker here on cumminsforum

I went through him, he's a good guy to deal with :beer

Chris

·
Registered
661 Posts
k cool thanks how is that clutch holdin up? test it out yet to see if shell slip?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts